Friday, April 10, 2009

Busy two days!


We have been busy the last two days!!!

Yesterday we slept in and lazed around the house for a couple of hours before we headed up to Stetson University to visit my nephew and see my Alma mater. Tiger Lily got to see her first fraternity house (smelled like stale beer and other stuff) and then we toured the new science building. I actually got to meet up with a few of my old professors and the new building is very nice. After touring campus and visiting the bookstore we headed off to Belinni's which is a landmark sandwich place in Deland. The sandwiches were as good as I remember. After lunch we headed over to Daytona and walked on the Pier and put our toes in the water--it has been chilly down here and the water was pretty cold. We visited a couple of surf shops and waved at the speedway as we went by. We went to a Stetson baseball game last night and saw a couple of home runs and some pretty good plays which was good for Tiger Lily since she has started softball again (unfortunately, the Hatters lost 8-3).

Today was our big Disney World Day and we did it all!!! We purposely went early and rode all the big rides first and then spent the rest of the day finding little rides and enjoying ourselves. One big highlight was The Laugh Floor where you can text in a joke while you're waiting for the show--Tiger Lily texted one in and they used it!!! Why did the cow cross the road? You'll have to wait for the punch line... It was crowded today and when at 2:00 this afternoon the fast pass for Space Mountain was good for 11:00 tonight I knew we weren't going to ride it again. We still had a good time. I'll post some pictures when we get home.

Tomorrow is beach day. My cousin surfs so we're headed out early to watch him catch some waves. Yes, I promise to wear sun screen but...what's the worst that could happen? I'd get cancer??? Ha, beat that already....

By the way: Because the chicken was out of town.

Til tomorrow.

No comments: