Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quiet weekend

It’s a quiet weekend for me so not a lot to say today. Tiger Lily is with her father for the third weekend this month (okay, she was only with him half a weekend the first time) so I’m catching up on stuff around the house and going in to work. My house is too quiet without her and we all know since I’ve said it enough times that I miss her when she’s gone. I don’t think there’s a mother out there that doesn’t say that on visitation weekends. That being said, I also know that spending time with her father makes her happy so I don’t begrudge any of the time they get to spend together. Our agreement was purposefully written to be flexible and it seems to be working—of course Ted can’t chime in here and correct me if I’m wrong so I guess this is a one sided observation….. I hope I'm not.

We have company coming this week so we will be busy. Tiger Lily’s cooking classes start up again after Spring Break so that will pretty much fill up our weeks until the end of the school year. I’m taking a foods of Spain cooking class this week so I can not only learn how to make paella and but also how to pair wines with it. Sounds like another idea for a happy hour/party, paella night…..

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about being lonely on the weekends she isn't there. I wanted Somer to have fun at her dad's, but I was so torn up because I was left alone and not by choice.

I did take the time to do things for myself and then felt guilty about it too. Can't win for losing I guess. Glad things are working out for her, some kids never see both parents after the big D so she is lucky there. Hope the weekend goes fast for you.
Love
sg