Sunday, March 8, 2009

Goodbye to my nephew

My nephew leaves to go back to school today and I always hate when he leaves. He's a great person (I can't call him a kid anymore since he can now go to the bar with me) and fun to be around. He also keeps me young, reminds me when I'm being to serious and happily walks Babe for me. He's always up for a new adventure.

One fun thing he did was convince me to sign up for Facebook so if you know what to look for you can find me. I can see how so many people get addicted but given the fact that I don't write on here everyday I can't see myself posting daily things to my status and all that. The government blocked access for its employees for a reason obviously. I have found an old friend from grad school and happily found out that she is moving back here so it's already served its purpose.

We enjoyed the warm weather yesterday and did some much needed work in the yard. It looks like rain today so we'll have to see if I get much more done. Besides which, tamoxifen makes your hair curly so guess what I have to deal with now whenever it rains!!! It's 10 times worse than it ever was. Now I wish I had taken Ted up when he kept offering to get me the Japanese hair treatments to straighten it...

Have a great rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't find you on Facebook, give me a clue....

Anonymous said...

D&K both love Facebook, but I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up with my responsibilities as is, so don't think I'll be venturing into that medium anytime soon! Good to hear you were able to reconnect with an old friend, though.
I know that having your parents move in wasn't the direction you wanted to go, but I'm happy that you are able to help each other out. It's nice to have a close family that is there to support each other. (I know I've always felt really lucky that way) Please pass my greetings and best wishes on to your parents.
Kudos and dittos to your thoughts on success. I agree completely.

Tulip said...

Dearest Anon, shoot me an email and I'll friend request you. I'm purposely keeping it somewhat private and you're anonymous.

Dear Fred, I agree on Facebook but it's fun for the time being. I'm very blessed to have family that cares and supports me and I'll pass along your greetings. Thanks for the kudos.

Hugs and kisses,
Pink