So, the results from my MRI on Tuesday are neutral, the MRI found a third tumor and I am scheduled for another biopsy next Tuesday. Depending on how that turns out the plan of action may or may not change. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that like 80% of the tumors that show up on MRIs this one will be benign and I can still plan on the lumpectomy...
My visit with the surgeon where I work was good and they had a breast cancer expert read my slides from the biopsy. The slides showed moderate DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ--pre cancerous ducts) along the edges of the biopsy sample which was also a concern and we decided to wait until the MRI came back before any plan of action was really finalized.
I had a busy day in DC today and am looking forward to spending the weekend with Tiger Lily. I'm hoping to get some plans for the weekend finalized tomorrow so we can spend some time together before she leaves for her grandparents. She has recently discovered that she likes Indian food (butter chicken especially) so I think that will be on the agenda.
Have a great Friday!