Monday, July 21, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day!

So, I had a great weekend just being happy that I can move forward and get this all started!

Tiger Lily and I didn't end up hiking the Billy Goat Trail since it was way too hot but we did spend some time together. She got on a plane this morning to fly to Iowa to see her grandparents and I miss her terribly already. She knows I have breast cancer, that my prognosis is excellent and that I'm having surgery. She was more upset about the fact that we won't be able to go on a mother/daughter trip we had planned on in early August since I will be started radiation two weeks after my surgery.

I go in this afternoon to have the radioactive tracer dye injected to mark the tumor draining lymph nodes (lymph nodes that may have the potential to have tumor cells--highly unlikely since my tumors are so small and slow growing). Tomorrow morning I'm first on the surgery schedule and should be home before noon. I probably won't post anything tomorrow but I'll let everyone know how I'm doing as soon as I can type. Company is always welcome, even Tuesday but don't expect me to be sane I have a script for Vicoden....

Hope everyone has a good week and talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for a very successful surgery and quick recovery. Get lots of rest and let me and Big "R" know if you need anything. He knows first hand how very scary this all can be. Your attitude and outlook is awesome - keep it up. Best wishes - Car 1.5 & Big "R"

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best. You are off to a good start having a positive attitude , keep it up, it will go a long way. Keep us posted, look forward to hearing from you Wednesday, rest Tuesday, you deserve it and need it. Love ya. E