Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home again

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

My trip to South Carolina was great and I enjoyed seeing a part of the country where I’ve never been before. My fireworks show this year was put on by my friend’s children as SC is a state that allows fireworks. Several other neighbor’s also stayed home and enjoyed their own shows so the neighborhood was filled with fireworks. We went on several rides on the Harley and I can see why people enjoy riding so much—but boy the seats aren’t designed for passengers. The city he lives in has a revitalized downtown area so we rode there one night and had a glass of wine on a patio overlooking the river that is central to the redesigned area. Our second ride was in the mountains near his house to Starbucks. Obviously, we don’t fit the “Harley” stereotype… All in all it was a relaxing weekend spent enjoying time together.

I haven’t spoken much to Tiger Lily and miss her terribly of course. She was in a parade on Saturday and enjoyed herself! She is actually coming home earlier than planned (Monday, yippee) because of her father’s work schedule so I will post all the stories next week.

Hope everyone has a great week. Since Tiger Lily is out of town mine will be filled with longer hours at work and plans to go into DC for Happy Hour one night. I’m off on another adventure this weekend and will post more as the week progresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read your blog. It is great to see you so happy again. You deserve it. What adventures you are having! How lucky you are to have found someone so special.
I told you God is good, and his timing is perfect. MB

Anonymous said...

I agree with MB. I too am happy you are finding some happiness finally in your life. You are a great role model for the little one, showing her that life goes on and takes turns we don't expect, but can be just what we need. I didn't understand when my ex left me that he was leaving the space open for someone who was even better for me and someone who I would truely be happy with, so I thank my ex for being wise enough to leave me, so I could find the right partner for me. Keep enjoying life.
sg