Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Mother's Day

I have had the best Mother's Day today. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people in the world.

My Mother's Day started a little early as the present that Tiger Lily bought on Monday night arrived on Thursday. I was out with a friend for dinner, didn't get home until after 9 and on my nightstand was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a book. The flowers were beautiful and the book is one I've always wanted to read.

Saturday was softball in the morning and Tiger Lily got a hit and did much better all around which was great to see. We spent the afternoon at the theater and watched the new Star Trek movie--we both really liked it a lot. Afterwards we went shopping and had our usual Starbucks--Tiger Lily bought since it was our Mother's Day weekend.

This morning I woke up to a busy household as we got ready for our first annual Mother's Day brunch. Tiger Lily and I cooked for several hours, set up all the tables and food and finished up just before the first guests arrived. We had a houseful as usual and I think everyone had a good time. I now have a houseful of flowers and we actually ran out of vases. One note to self, buy 4 bottles of champagne next time for mimosas.... As always we ate too much but were able to clean up the kitchen in record time and spend the afternoon enjoying the beautiful day. Tiger Lily helped the neighbors plant flowers on the corner and several friends stayed and helped mow the yard-with all the rain we've had lately it really really needed it.

We are winding down now and getting ready for bed. My 4 days worth of Mother's Day has been great and I thank my lucky stars everyday for my amazing child. Tomorrow is a big day for me so stay tuned--it's my first follow up appointment!!! Hard to believe it's been 6 months since I finished up my radiation. We have big plans for next Saturday night to celebrate the good news from my checkup....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brunch WAS a huge success..everything was beautiful and yummy, it was hard to leave. Tiger Lily - you throw one heck of a party!