Sunday, May 17, 2009

As always another fun weekend

Our weekend is almost over and it's back to work/school tomorrow. Tiger Lily had fun doing the Relay for Life and talked all the way home about it, then promptly laid down and took a 4 hour nap. I think we can say she was tired...

We went on our movie date and X-Men Origins: Wolverine was the choice. I did a first at that movie--after 20 minutes we walked out which is something I have never done before. Tiger Lily didn't argue at all and both of us were sad that this one wasn't more like the original series. We then shopped til we dropped and ate at Pot Belly which is a place I've wanted to try for about 4 years now. A big hit and we'll be going back again. I'm hoping we like the movie a little better on our next date...

We originally planned on going to DC for the day but it was rainy and cool so we spent the day running errands and getting our nails done. Tiger Lily has been growing out her nails so she was really excited about her manicure. We watched the opening scene of Quantum of Solace afterwards and have decided to add Sienna to our list of cities to visit in Italy when we go (I would love to add Daniel Craig to my list of men I think are amazingly handsome...). Our evening will be quiet (I hope) as she has a big week ahead. Tomorrow is softball, dinner with friends on Tuesday, Thursday is her chorus concert, Friday she goes to Strathmore Hall for a tour with school and Friday afternoon she goes with her father for the weekend while I head south...

Summer will be here soon but somehow I don't think our lives will slow down!!! I have the usual gaggle of summer students starting in two weeks so I'm trying to finish up all the things I can before they come since I always end up getting nothing done for the first 4 weeks they are there. After all this time none of my papers are finished and I am beginning to loathe statistics (I just hated it before). I guess it's a good thing I didn't get the job at Notre Dame since most places don't like you to leave until you finish up what's on your plate.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good week, I'll post about Tiger Lily's game and concert from the road (I love this laptop!!!).

2 comments:

NK said...

WOOOO!!!! You better be heading far south down to me!!!!!

Tulip said...

It's being considered...

I'm not sure I can handle a whole weekend at Daytona with you guys though.